Monday, January 23, 2012

A Little Teaser

Hello everyone!  I hope you have all had a wonderful new year so far.  Mine has been great!  I've had so many exciting things going on at my house and thought I'd share some of them with you:

1)  As you know, the Hubs and I started our own law practice last month.   It has been stressful and has taken a lot of hard work, but I can happily say that we finally have things rolling.  And, thanks to Laurel-Dawn of Abode Love, we have now begun to heavily market ourselves. For those of you who are not familiar with her, she is an extremely talented graphic designer, blogger, and home-stylist with whom we had the pleasure of working.  Here is a peek at the business logo she created for us:


Isn't it great?!? We couldn't be more pleased with the final product! 


2) I have gotten more decorating done around the house!! For the last 2+ years, the Hubs and I have had a blah room to sleep in.  So, when we moved this time, I made our bedroom a priority.  We were given some beautiful pieces for Christmas and also purchased some items on our own. 

First, my in-laws got this beautiful mirrored chest, which is identical to one I was using as a foyer table before.  

Then, my brother and sister in-law bought us the Ikea Malm Dresser.  I plan on adding some beautiful knobs to it like these or these in matte gold.


Finally, we ordered 6 panels of ivory drapes from IO Metro (which are back-ordered until March) and this beauty:


The chandy arrived last week, and we the Hubs spent the weekend trying to install it.  I say the weekend because it was not an easy process.  We had a remote controlled fan hanging over our bed before, so the wiring was a little more complex than anticipated.  Here are some action shots:









There you have it!  That was my January in a nutshell.  Later,  I will be sharing stuff from other parts of my house that are in major need of some design TLC.   Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...