Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Designer Crush: Miles Redd

So... I have not been too thrilled about the overall look of my living room.  I love each thing individually, but when looking at the space as a whole, the word "blah" comes to mind.  I think it's because the colors are more neutral and washed out than I would normally prefer.  I decided that I need to spruce it up bit by adding punches of color into the mix - Miles Redd style.  If you are into design in the least little bit, you are probably already familiar with the genius that is Miles Redd.  I mean, the man is A-MAZ-ING!!!  Here are some of my favorites of his:

via Gretchen Aubuchon Design

via Design Scouting
 

via Elle Decor





via House to Your Home

via StudioTen25
 via New York Social Diary



 via Material Girl

via Jorge Rosso Design Blog


via SR Interiors


via Jorge Rosso Design Blog

 via House Beautiful

via House Beautiful


 via Elle Decor


via Elle Decor


 via The Decophile

Now that you've seen some of Redd's portfolio, I plan on injecting some "Miles moments" into my  living/dining area by putting bright emerald silk dupioni pillows on the sofa and then carrying that color family into the dining space with teal cushions on the bench.  However, I feel like I need to do more with the living area by adding a patterned fabric or something.  I am still not 100% on everything and would really love some second opinions.  Please!

Have a happy hump day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...