Saturday, April 21, 2012

Idea Board Challenge

A while ago, I was asked to create a bedroom idea board for a 20-something young lady.  Sounded easy enough, but there was a challenge: she had a cobalt blue tile floor!  Given that the flooring was not something you would easily overlook, I chose a wall color on the same side of the color wheel as blue so that the floors would appear more intentional.  I also employed lots of black and gold to complement the cobalt and give the room a touch of glam.  However, I wanted the bed to still be dreamy and feminine, so I found a wonderfully ornate headboard with a pastel pink floral fabric to pair with crisp white bedding.   Here is the final look:




The Paule Marrot fabric on the headboard (shown below) has been discontinued unfortunately, so I am in the process of picking another textile that will work just as perfectly.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...