Monday, October 10, 2011

Dresser DIY

I deep-cleaned/staged my house this weekend because we are planning on moving within the month and desperately need this house to sell.  While moving furniture around, I decided that I wanted to glam up a chest in our bedroom.  My inspiration: 
the Dorothy Draper dresser.

It's a classic and can be seen in many designers projects these days. Check these out:


  David Jimenez



 Melissa Warner via House Beautiful



 Graham Moss via Decorpad



 Scott Currie via Elle Decor


Sex and the City


It also looks gorgeous in colors besides black and gold.  Like...


(source unknown)
 Turquoise



 Decorpad
Lavender




and white!

Which is my inspiration.  I love the milky lacquer with the gold rings!  In order to get this look, I plan on painting the dresser with this Benjamin Moore paint leftover from my daughter's nursery:

 (courtesy of Little Green Notebook)


 And maybe use these rings as the drawer pulls. 

There are sooo many websites dedicated to projects like this.  The most appropriate one for what I am wanting to do is a DIY by Nancy Marcus here.   However, you can just do a google web or image search for "dorothy draper diy" and get a variety of results.  

Have a happy work-week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...