Sunday, March 4, 2012

I Spy Something...

Reptilian.  I adore, Adore, ADORE tortoise shell decor!  In fact, I adore it so much that I've decided to incorporate an actual tortoise shell (or should I say "replica") into my bedroom.  Tortoise shells have been used in design in a variety of forms- hung on the wall, mounted on a stand, lacquered, bleached, displayed in shadow boxes, etc.    Here are some example interiors with reptilian flair:

via 10 rooms blog


  
via Windsor Smith
  



via Visual Vamp blog




via Pinterest




via Pinterest




Nate Berkus via Elle Decor




via Haus and Home




via Lonny



via Etsy



via Nibs blog




 via Karen Robertson




via Domino


I would like to have one hanging amongst a gallery of frames above our dresser, but they can be a bit pricey.  I've found some budget-friendly options like these...


 Sears - $74.99

And this guy...


West Elm - $79


These are great, don't get me wrong, but I'd still like to try and find a more authentic looking one.  Maybe at a beach souvenir store?  If any of you know where I can find a 15-20"+ replica for under $100, please comment/email me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...