Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Go Green By Decorating

It's always a great day when one of my catalogs comes in the mail. Today it was Pottery Barn. As I was flipping through it, I noticed this art gallery:


The designers had basically taken sheet music and other random pages from books and applied them to the wall. I thought it was so interesting and such a great way to recycle old books and newspapers! I showed the Hubs, and even he liked it. (Though, I knew he would because he is an avid music enthusiast. Seriously, he can play anything on the guitar.) But anyways, back to the sheet music...

Emily Hewett, author of A Well Dressed Home, did an entire wall this way using pages from romance novels. Wow!

You can read more about Emily's project here.


And, here is another image where the designer used newspaper clippings as wallpaper:


I've also seen designers and artists recycling old books by printing vintage images onto their pages like this:



I don't know about you, but I love this! In fact, I loved it so much that I bought this little guy for my own home off of Etsy.com. Can you believe he was only $8.00?!?
The seller had all kinds of prints to choose from, but this one was calling out to me. 

If you are needing to fill up a blank wall in your home, I hope these have given you some inspiration.  Happy Recycling Decorating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...