Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Inaugural Post

After much consideration, I finally jumped on the bandwagon and started my own blog. Boy, am I excited!! For years now, I have been saving magazines and pictures of different interiors, exteriors, color combinations, furniture pieces, recipes, tablescapes, (you name it) and have never shared them with anyone. So I thought this blog could be my outlet to do just that. With that said...

I stopped by the store today, and while I was there I picked up the latest issues of Southern Living and Better Homes and Gardens. BHG really caught my eye because of the turquoise and gold color combination used on its cover. I have always thought those two colors make a brilliant duo! The turquoise brings in the fun while the gold adds a touch of sophistication. In fact, those are the colors currently used in my living room (photos of which are to come soon). In the meantime, check out these images:


This plate reminds of my grandmother's tableware - in a good way that is!


Isn't this rug fun?!?


Would LOVE this in an entryway!


Very glam!


Wowzers! I especially love the gold mirrored chest. Isn't it gorgeous?!?


The gold table settings are very formal while the turquoise chairs are not to be taken so seriously.


The two colors here create a very luxe bedroom space.


This is definitely a fun twist on a traditional living room.



The tufted turquoise headboard is a show stopper, for sure!


Turquoise and gold damask wallpaper...yes, please!
What do you think? Do you have a favorite color combo? Do share!

Sources: Railroad Memories, ShopCandelabra.com, Four Walls and a Roof blog, Live Like You blog, Design Manifest, David Jiminez via Decorpad, Sister Sophisticate blog, MMR Interiors via Decorpad, Summer Thornton via Decorpad, Hidden in France

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...